- On 30th November 2015
How to Ensure your eLearning Content is Engaging Your Employees.
It’s understandable why management can become anxious about implementing eLearning when the quality and availability of content is not able to meet the needs and standards required by their organisations.
Poor content not only damages the key messages within your training, but also dampens the morale of a workforce.
Great quality eLearning content provides intrinsic motivation and makes key topics pleasurable to learn.
Here are 10 ways in which you can ensure your eLearning content is current, on-topic and engaging:
- Do ensure that your content remains current in terms of regulatory or legislative compliance.
- Engaging content will normally reflect the industry or profession that you work in, but it should also be contextualised to meet the specific learning outcomes of those for whom it is intended.
- Keep your content informative yet appealing; a little humour and entertainment goes a long way when it comes to challenging the mind of your audience.
- Great [and innovative] eLearning uses a mix of multimedia. From video and simulations to animations and use of gamification in an appropriate manner, all can provide meaningful and memorable learning experiences.
- Great instructional design can provide a basis for building enthusiasm. In this article, by Timothy Maher, he concludes: “Intrinsically motivated learners are more likely to complete their e-learning. An important consideration for those concerned about the common problem of e-learner dropouts.” He goes on to identify “challenge, curiosity, control, simulation and community” as key considerations within instructional design for adult learning resources.
- Online tests and assessments are a great way of understanding the impact of your eLearning on skills and knowledge, or compliance, but performance analytics and learner feedback can also be a guide to the quality of your content and help identify areas that may require improvement.
- Consider off-the-shelf eLearning courses [or “learning bites”] to offer a cost-effective way to keep your organisation compliant with the latest workplace regulations as well as supporting soft skills development. With off-the-shelf learning, you can align course sets with job roles and in addition to internal resources, make this available 24/7 via mobile and tablets.
- One sure-fire way of getting the exact eLearning resources you need for your business is to create bespoke content. This will ensure you have content that reflects both the specific skills and knowledge requirements of your employees, and that it is designed and delivered in total context to your organisation.
- Think about content for developing soft skills such as leadership, communication and decision making and explore a blended eLearning solution to incorporate multiple training and development methodologies.
- Find content that thinks about the broader learning pathway, one that allows room for career development and defined skills categories.
How we help you create exceptional content:
We offer an extensive course catalogue which contains over 250 courses ready for you to choose from.
We work with you to build your own employee development programmes, incorporating eLearning and other online resources, and even get them formally certified by a recognised Awarding Body.
We help you develop online learning resources to support a range of formal business qualifications that can be delivered via our Virtual Campus.
We help you convert your existing training materials, and/or create bespoke eLearning courses using up-to-the-minute interactive design technology.
We provide the tools and training to enable you to create your own eLearning resources quickly and effectively.
Let’s work together and create engaging content for your organisation! Get in touch with our expert team on 01787 370735, or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org