- On 12th September 2023
As a digital learning provider, we are constantly considering the evolving needs of our learners and how we can best adapt our products and services to meet these. Post-COVID agile working practices in many organisations has driven changes and demands in the way that information is accessed and training is delivered compared to just a few years ago.
Whilst our professional training partners are glad to be returning to face-to-face interventions, flexible, hybrid working agendas have hugely influenced the needs of the modern learner. Many organisations are looking beyond traditional training and development channels to an enhanced digital learning strategy that will increase engagement and improve knowledge retention, leading to higher levels of performance and productivity and reducing costs, .
Listening to our clients and studying current trends, we know that digital learning needs to be immersive, bite-sized and easily accessible, but what else? Recent research carried out by our technology partners, Access Group UK, has highlighted further important trends in digital learning preferences:
- 69% of people prefer watching a video over any other form of learning content,
- Video can deliver a message up to 60,000 times faster than text,
- 80% of organisations report having a competitive edge using courses that have been accredited by industry and educational bodies and involve SME-led development,
- 67% of learners now access their learning through a mobile device,
- 8% is the reduction in churn that organisations have reported when using professionally accredited eLearning.
At eAlliance Learning Technology our latest course releases for Autumn 2023 are not only taking on board the needs of the modern learner through new and updated formats and content, but also by addressing both industry specific training and development requirements, as well as those of all businesses across all sectors with ready-made courses and online learning resources.
We are also working with education and training providers and businesses to create programmes and pathways of customised online learning resource to meet specific, on-demand training requirements and support blended learning strategies, qualification delivery and professional development.
Article by Sara Hudson: Marketing and design executive