eAlliance launches a new range of Cyber Awareness and Resilience courses to meet the needs and expectations of the modern learner
- On 15th March 2023
Cyberattacks are not stopping any time soon, and in fact, are becoming more sophisticated and frequent. Statistics published by NCSC and Gov.UK for 2022 show alarming trends affecting UK businesses:
- 39% of UK businesses identified a cyberattack;
- Cybercrime cost UK businesses an average of £4,200;
- Ransomware attacks affected 73% of UK organisations (and 13% of organisations ended up paying the ransom);
- 75% of companies have experienced an increase in email-based threats;
- The most common cyber threat facing businesses and individuals was phishing.
Ensuring that your most valuable and precious information remains secure from a cyberattack or data breach is a critical business risk. But your resilience to these growing threats can only be as good as the vigilance and behaviours of your people, especially when 90% of cyberattacks succeed because of human error.
This accentuates even more the requirement for effective training that meets the needs of the modern learner through short, immersive interactions. To achieve this, our new courses use video learning to get relevant messages to the learner in a quicker, more concise way. In fact, it has been shown that video delivers a message 60 times faster than text.
The new catalogue includes 10 bite-sized courses written and designed by cybersecurity experts and learning specialists at Access UK, which are certified in association with the National Cyber Security Centre. All activities adapt seamlessly between mobile and desktop, and can be completed on almost any device, giving the learner access to content whenever and wherever they need it. Courses adhere to as many WCAG standards as possible and learners can choose from over 100 languages using the inbuilt translation tool powered by Google Translate.
The new course themes are:
- Passwords and Authentication
- Handling Data
- Staying Safe Online
- Reporting Cybercrime
- Protect your business from cyber-attacks
- Responding to a cyber-incident
- Safe device use