- On 5th December 2023
An organisation’s greatest assets are its people and investment in the development of their workplace skills is invaluable for those that strive to be increasingly dynamic, innovative and successful at attracting and retaining great people. Although workplace skills are often harder to develop and less quantifiable than traditional hard skills, they are essential to the development of a strong, capable workforce.
As we release our latest workplace skills course catalogue, let’s take a moment to consider how the development of workplace skills can have a real impact on organisational performance and growth. Here are 7 key areas where it can contribute:
- Increased productivity: Developing workplace skills allows employees to perform their tasks more efficiently and effectively. As employees improve their skills, they can complete their work faster with higher quality outputs, leading to increased productivity for the organisation as a whole.
- Enhanced innovation and problem-solving: Developing skills such as critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving enables employees to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions. This, in turn, fosters a culture of innovation within the organisation and helps it stay ahead in a competitive market.
- Improved employee satisfaction and retention: By investing in the development of employees’ skills, organisations demonstrate their commitment to their growth and professional advancement. This leads to higher employee satisfaction and engagement, reducing turnover rates. Skilled employees are also more likely to stay with the organisation, reducing recruitment and training costs.
- Effective leadership and management: Developing leadership and management skills within the organisation enables managers to effectively guide and motivate their teams. Skilled leaders can create a positive work environment, set clear goals, and provide constructive feedback, resulting in improved organisational performance.
- Adaptability to change: Workplace skills development equips employees with the ability to adapt to new technologies, processes, and changes in the business environment. As organisations constantly face new challenges and opportunities, having a skilled workforce ensures they can adapt and thrive in a dynamic market.
- Stronger customer satisfaction: Skills development allows employees to provide exceptional customer service, meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Satisfied customers are more likely to engage in repeat business and recommend the organisation to others, leading to increased customer loyalty and growth opportunities.
- Continuous learning culture: Organisations that prioritize skill development foster a culture of continuous learning. This culture encourages employees to continuously improve their skills, seek new knowledge, and stay updated on industry trends. A ‘learning organisation’ can better adapt to changes, seize new opportunities, and achieve long-term growth.
In summary, the development of workplace skills directly impacts an organisation’s performance and growth by increasing productivity, fostering innovation, improving employee satisfaction and retention, developing effective leadership, adapting to change, enhancing customer satisfaction, and fostering a culture of continuous learning.
Our latest workplace skills catalogue contains over 90 immersive, video-based courses, which are available via a unique eAlliance learning portal or uploadable to your own LMS, covering the following categories:
- Communication and Social Skills
- Management and Leadership
- Personal Development
- Sales, Marketing and Customer Service
For a FREE COURSE TRIAL or to find out more information please CONTACT US or telephone 01787 468512.