- On 13th March 2019
A personal development programme which connects mental wellbeing, self-management and personal development with improved resilience, productivity and performance.
The impact of mental health issues in the workplace, in schools and higher education, among elite sports men and women and in general life, is being continuously highlighted, and rightly, sits at the top of numerous political, medical, economic and research agendas.
7 statistics to get you thinking about mental health:
- 1 in 4 of us is likely to experience mental ill health.
- Over 60% of employees experience mental health issues at work or where work was a related factor.
- Over 12% of all sickness absence days in the UK can be attributed to mental health.
- Better mental healthcare support in the workplace could save UK businesses up to £8 Billion per year.
- 75% of mental illnesses start before a child reaches their 18th
- 10% of school children have diagnosable mental illness.
- 75% of school leaders say they lack the resources to meet the mental health needs of pupils, with the lack of training being the main contributor.
Addressing mental health issues needs to be proactive rather than reactive. As a learning and development provider, we constantly evaluate and develop products and services that will not only educate organisations and individuals to increase their awareness and understanding of factors that can affect mental wellbeing, but also aim to provide skills, tools and techniques to improve their ability to combat mental health related issues.
MyTime is an online development programme that promotes awareness of wellbeing and its importance in maintaining mental resilience and a healthy academic, work and personal lifestyle. Developed in partnership with Ultimate Learning Resources, the programme explores the benefits of positive thinking, managing stress and emotions, increasing confidence, self- awareness and the importance of life balance.
In addition to the core themes of wellbeing, MyTime provides practical skills and knowledge to improve self-management, personal development, creativity and problem solving.
eAlliance Managing director, John Baxter, reflected on the importance of providing education and training to help schools, businesses and individuals to improve their awareness of mental wellbeing: ‘MyTime is a development programme that not only deals with theory and knowledge, but more importantly, has been designed to provide skills and awareness that will enable participants to better understand their needs and preferences, to create a positive impact on mental resilience, productivity and performance’.
Statistics references: Mental Health Foundation; ACAS, Young Minds; NHS Employers